iPlayer Downloads (PC/MAC) - How to install and uninstall
Installing BBC iPlayer Downloads
To install the BBC iPlayer Downloads application, select the download option on any iPlayer programme page.
A message will appear asking whether you've already installed BBC iPlayer Downloads. Hit “No, install it now” and you'll be directed to the installation page.
BBC iPlayer Downloads is available for Windows and Mac OSX 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 & 10.9*
*If you’re using OSX 10.9, remember the iPlayer Downloads application needs to be open before you can download programmes.
Select the correct version of BBC iPlayer Downloads for your computer. Then follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the application.
During the installation you’ll need to confirm that programme downloads will be used with the BBC iPlayer Downloads application. Be sure to tick the box to allow your browser to remember these settings. (In Firefox you may need to hit “Choose” and select “BBC iPlayer Downloads” from the list.)
You'll only need to install the software the first time you download a programme. After that you can just use hit “Download” on any iPlayer programme page and the programme will start downloading.
Requirements for iPlayer Downloads
In order for you to be able to install and use iPlayer downloads you will need to meet some basic system requirements:
OS X 10.11
OS X 10.10
OS X 10.9
OS X 10.8
OS X 10.7
OS X 10.6
Uninstalling BBC iPlayer Downloads
Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click on Programs or Programs & Features.
- Search for BBC iPlayer Downloads and click Uninstall/Remove.
- Right-click in the screen's bottom-left corner and choose the Control Panel from the pop-up menu.
- Choose Uninstall a Program from the Programs category.
- Search for BBC iPlayer Downloads and click Uninstall.
- Navigate to BBC install page http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/install
- Download app for windows (Click on "For windows").
- Start the installer wizard.
- Click on "Next" button on Welcome screen.
- Select "Remove" option to remove the app.
- Confirm uninstallation by selecting "remove" option.
- Click "Finish" button to finish wizard.
To completely uninstall BBC iPlayer Downloads from a Mac, you'll need to remove the application and the folders that BBC iPlayer Downloads created when installed.
Remove the following folders:
/Movies/BBC iPlayer Downloads
To remove the application:
- Go to Applications.
- CTRL-Click BBC iPlayer Downloads.
- Select Move to trash.