Important: To install BBC iPlayer Desktop, your account must have administrator privileges otherwise you will not be able to install it.
If your computer meets our recommended specifications the BBC iPlayer pages should be able to detect what you need to install and guide you through the process. Windows 8 users, please note that BBC iPlayer Desktop can only be downloaded and used in Desktop mode.
BBC iPlayer Desktop is powered by Adobe Air (Adobe Integrated Runtime). When you install BBC iPlayer Desktop you also install the Adobe Air components.
Air may already be installed on your computer as it is being used by many other applications. Find out more about Adobe Air here.
This link will take you to a website outside BBC Online. The BBC is not responsible for content or software downloaded from external sites.
1. On the programme's page, select the Download button then click on the To computer option. You can also visit the Install BBC iPlayer Desktop page.
2. The installation page will appear with simple instructions on how to install BBC iPlayer Desktop. Click the Install BBC iPlayer Desktop button to start the process.
3. Adobe Air will start to install - follow the instructions that appear with it.
4. Confirm that you want to go ahead by clicking on the Install button.
5. Save and then Open the bbc_iplayer_desktop.air file if prompted.
6. Accept Adobe Air's Terms and Conditions.
7. Choose where your want to install BBC iPlayer Desktop.
BBC iPlayer Desktop is now installed.
Our website will automatically start the BBC iPlayer Desktop when you download a programme. When the application is running you see a small icon in the system tray.