BBC iPlayer is now available on tablet devices within the UK. If you have a tablet bought in the UK, it will not be able to access television programs on BBC iPlayer when abroad.
You can access BBC iPlayer by downloading the app from the Apple App Store or Android Market, by following the BBC iPlayer link on the BBC homepage or by typing http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer into your tablet's web browser.
BBC iPlayer is currently supported on the Apple iPad and on Flash 10.3 enabled Android tablets running Android 2.2 or later. In the future we expect to add support for other tablet devices.
The BBC doesn't charge for the iPlayer service but your Internet Service Provider may charge you for the bandwidth used.
Always ensure that you have the most up-to-date firmware/operating system installed on your device - please refer to your manufacturer for any help with this - and that you have a strong enough mobile network signal or wi-fi connection. If you lose connectivity while streaming a programme you may need to start again.
If you have a detailed issue about BBC iPlayer, please read our FAQ; Where can I go to discuss BBC iPlayer? - which lists active messageboards where users raise, discuss and advise on common issues and problems.
21 answers found
- Can I find HD programmes on my iPad?
- Can I watch programmes with subtitles or signing on my BBC iPlayer iPad app?
- Are all programmes available on my tablet device?
- How can I remove the address bar from the Home Screen of my tablet device?
- Can I listen to iPlayer radio content while using my iPad for other tasks?
- Can I use Parental Guidance on my BBC iPlayer iPad app?
- How do I use Favourites on my BBC iPlayer iPad app?
- Can I watch programmes over 3G on my BBC iPlayer iPad app?
- Why doesn’t BBC iPlayer work on the Zenithink Tablet?
- Will BBC iPlayer work on other iPad browsers?