Rights agreements mean that BBC iPlayer television programmes are only available to users in the UK. However, if you have previously downloaded a programme onto your laptop or portable hard drive from BBC iPlayer while in the UK, you can then watch it anywhere in the world.
Most radio programmes are available to listen live or on demand outside the UK, in addition to podcasts, although sporting and other programmes may be subject to rights agreements.
However, we are aware of demand for an international version. BBC Worldwide has recently launched the BBC iPlayer App for iPad and iPhone in various countries. Visit the BBC iPlayer (Global) YouTube channel for further information.
If you have any more questions about BBC iPlayer the menu categories to the left provide more information; otherwise try typing your question or related key words into the search box above.
If you have a detailed issue about BBC iPlayer, please read our FAQ; Where can I go to discuss BBC iPlayer? - which lists active messageboards where users raise, discuss and advise on common issues and problems.
Please note that in the event that none of the above solves your problem, we can only offer further help to BBC iPlayer users who are UK residents.
9 answers found
- I'm in the UK but told that I'm not, what should I do?
- Can I use BBC iPlayer outside the UK?
- Is there a BBC iPlayer App that works outside the UK?
- Can I use my BBC iPlayer App if I'm overseas?
- Can I use BBC iPlayer iPad app when outside the UK?
- I am using an iPad, why am I told I'm outside the UK?
- Why am I having problems listening to BBC radio outside the UK, such as experiencing poor sound quality or the station is not working?
- Can I download programmes from outside the UK?
- Can I listen to BBC radio in BBC iPlayer outside the UK?