We believe that the vast majority of devices will enjoy a great video downloading experience. However, with more than five thousand different phone, phablet and tablet models able to install the BBC iPlayer Android app, there are likely to be a number of devices that exhibit bugs concerning download behaviour.
Should the BBC be made aware of a major issue with the downloads feature that is affecting a particular device, we now have the option to disable this feature for that specific model/OS combination, while we assess whether it can be fixed.
The following devices are currently experiencing such serious bugs with video downloads that we have been forced to disable this feature:
|Acer Iconia Tab A1-810|
|Acer Iconia Tab B1-710|
|Eee Pad Memo|
|HTC Desire C|
Some of the devices that are able to install the BBC iPlayer Android app experience less critical bugs with video downloading. Rather than disable the feature for those users, we think that any video download experience is better than nothing. Here is a list of devices that we know have significant problems:
|All devices running Android Operating System KitKat (version 4.4 or above)||Occasionally a downloaded video will freeze or the screen will go black, but audio will continue.|
|Google Nexus 10||When returning to continue watching a downloaded programme, the device will occasionally crash.|
If your device does not appear in the above lists and you have a problem, please check the following:
- That you have the latest version of the BBC iPlayer app (check in the Google Play Store and if you are prompted to "Open" the app, you have the latest version already).
- That your device is running the Android Operating System Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) version 4.0 or above (can be found in "About device" in your device "Settings" menu)
If you are still experiencing major problems with video downloads in the BBC iPlayer Android app after these checks, please contact us using the link below, providing the following information:
- Device name
- Model number (can be found in "About device" in your device "Settings" menu)
- Android operating system version (can be found in "About device" in your device "Settings" menu)
- Phone/tablet network provider
- Explanation of the problem
- Clear steps to reproduce
We can't promise that we will fix every issue that is brought to our attention (there may be device limitations that prevent us from doing so) but we will seek to address problems according to the complexity of the issue as well as the UK popularity and the user numbers of the device itself.