BBC iPlayer is available in the UK on compatible Android, Blackberry 10, iOS and Windows Phone 8 devices. You can play programmes via a Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection either via the iPlayer website or by downloading the BBC iPlayer App from the official app store for your device.
BBC iPlayer is a free service, but mobile network operators may charge for data used over their networks. Data allowances and mobile network tariffs are the responsibility of the mobile network operators. If you are unsure how much 3G data costs or what your data allowance is then contact your mobile network operator.
Certain programmes, including some sporting events and films, may not be available on the mobile and tablet version of BBC iPlayer because of rights agreements, even if they are available on the PC version.
41 answers found
- Apple devices – Problems with on-demand streaming
- Android devices - Downloads not completing
- Why aren't BBC iPlayer video downloads working on my Android device?
- New version of BBC iPlayer
- Frequent Questions about Mobile and Tablet downloads
- Why are BBC iPlayer downloads no longer working on my mobile phone?
- Can I access BBC iPlayer on my mobile phone or tablet device?
- Downloads on Android 4.4 (KitKat) device – Why am I seeing a black or frozen screen with audio continuing?
- How do I get the BBC iPlayer app on my Android device?
- Frequent questions about the Android BBC Media Player App