Downloading is available to UK computer users with our BBC iPlayer Downloads service and on compatible Android and iOS mobile phones and tablet devices with the BBC iPlayer app.
Downloading a programme means you can watch a programme when not connected to the internet. Programmes can be stored for up to 30 days and once you start to play a programme, you have 7 days after which the download will expire. However, while the vast majority of programmes are available for 30 days, individual programmes have different availability rights associated so not all programmes are available for 30 days.
Currently only TV programme downloads are available but we are working towards launching radio downloads in 2014.
10 answers found
- Download links not launching BBC iPlayer Downloads application from Firefox
- Introducing BBC iPlayer Downloads
- How do I install and uninstall BBC iPlayer Downloads?
- Why won't my downloaded programme play?
- Why are Windows Media downloads no longer available?
- Why are download options unavailable for a specific programme?
- Can I download radio programmes to listen to later?
- Frequent Questions about BBC iPlayer Downloads
- Why can I no longer download programmes to BBC iPlayer Desktop?
- How do I uninstall BBC iPlayer Desktop?