Welcome to BBC iPlayer help. You can find information on how to use the service with Rufus Hound's guide to BBC iPlayer and BBC Webwise.
We also have answers to the most frequently asked questions and they are fully searchable - just type what you need in the Ask A Question box or browse via category. If you need further assistance, you can contact our dedicated help team once you've read an FAQ.
If you have a detailed issue about BBC iPlayer, please read our FAQ; Where can I go to discuss BBC iPlayer? - which lists active messageboards where users raise, discuss and advise on common issues and problems.
To report a programme issue, please read our Latest Programmes Issues FAQ first. which details what we are already investigating.
If you're looking for a particular programme, BBC iPlayer now has a schedule to let you know what is coming up and what we are offering. Don't forget that it can take some time after broadcast before a programme becomes available and sport, films and overseas programmes may not be included.
If you want to report a technical fault, see this FAQ for further information.
- Latest programme issues
- The Fall – Why can I not locate the series on BBC iPlayer?
- Firefox 19, 20 & 21 - Why am I experiencing problems with BBC iPlayer Desktop when using Firefox 19, 20 & 21?
- BT Vision – Programmes stop during playback
- Live TV & Radio Stream – No sound when streaming live programmes via iPlayer Desktop
- BBC iPlayer Desktop – Why have my downloaded programmes disappeared and why am I unable to download new programmes after updating Adobe Air?
- Full Screen problems using the Chrome browser
- Android – Why can’t I play any programme via the Chrome browser?
- iOS Downloads - Why have downloaded programmes disappeared from my iPhone/iPad?
- BBC iPlayer Desktop - Why am I unable to download programmes when using Google Chrome?
- How do I use ‘Favourites’ for radio on BBC iPlayer Radio?
- I'm an AOL user. Why am I having problems playing BBC iPlayer programmes?
- How do I get BBC iPlayer on my iPhone?
- How do I improve performance when streaming HD video?
- How can I change the video quality (bitrate) on my BBC iPlayer Android app?
- Can I find podcasts on BBC iPlayer Radio?
- Why am I having problems listening to BBC radio outside the UK, such as experiencing poor sound quality or the station is not working?
- Why am I unable to access BBC iPlayer?
- How do I uninstall BBC iPlayer Desktop for Windows XP?
- Radioplayer - I am experiencing issues whilst attempting to play content, what can I do?
If you have any more questions about BBC iPlayer the menu categories to the left provide more information; otherwise try typing your question or related key words into the search box above.