Welcome to BBC iPlayer help. You can find information on how to use the service with Rufus Hound's guide to BBC iPlayer and BBC Webwise.
We also have answers to the most frequently asked questions and they are fully searchable - just type what you need in the Ask A Question box or browse via category. If you need further assistance, you can contact our dedicated help team once you've read an FAQ.
If you have a detailed issue about BBC iPlayer, please read our FAQ; Where can I go to discuss BBC iPlayer? - which lists active messageboards where users raise, discuss and advise on common issues and problems.
To report a programme issue, please read our Latest Programmes Issues FAQ first. which details what we are already investigating.
If you're looking for a particular programme, BBC iPlayer now has a schedule to let you know what is coming up and what we are offering. Don't forget that it can take some time after broadcast before a programme becomes available and sport, films and overseas programmes may not be included.
If you want to report a technical fault, see this FAQ for further information.
- Subtitles – Temporarily unavailable on BBC iPlayer
- Latest programme issues
- Match of the Day – Will the edition broadcast on Sunday 19 May 2013 be available on BBC iPlayer?
- BBC iPlayer now available on Windows Phone 8
- Live TV & Radio Stream – No sound when streaming live programmes via iPlayer Desktop
- Firefox 19 & 20 - Why am I experiencing problems with BBC iPlayer Desktop when using Firefox 19 and 20?
- BBC iPlayer Desktop – Why have my downloaded programmes disappeared and why am I unable to download new programmes after updating Adobe Air?
- Full Screen problems using the Chrome browser
- Android – Why can’t I play any programme via the Chrome browser?
- iOS Downloads - Why have downloaded programmes disappeared from my iPhone/iPad?
- What's the Parental Guidance Lock and how does it work?
- BBC Launches Mobile Downloads for BBC iPlayer
- How do I Play a programme (streaming)?
- Android Tablet devices – Why does the BBC iPlayer App launch the service via my browser?
- How do I report a problem with a programme, like a missing download, shortened programme, or encoding issue?
- Why are some programmes not available on iPlayer?
- How do I start using BBC iPlayer on my iPad?
- How do I clear my cache?
- I've uninstalled and reinstalled BBC iPlayer Desktop but still have problems, what should I do?
- BBC iPlayer playback issues on Kindle Fire Devices
If you have any more questions about BBC iPlayer the menu categories to the left provide more information; otherwise try typing your question or related key words into the search box above.