Welcome to BBC iPlayer help. You can find information on how to use the service with Rufus Hound's guide to BBC iPlayer and BBC Webwise.
We also have answers to the most frequently asked questions and they are fully searchable - just type what you need in the Ask A Question box or browse via category. If you need further assistance, you can contact our dedicated help team once you've read an FAQ.
If you have a detailed issue about BBC iPlayer, please read our FAQ; Where can I go to discuss BBC iPlayer? - which lists active messageboards where users raise, discuss and advise on common issues and problems.
To report a programme issue, please read our Latest Programmes Issues FAQ first. which details what we are already investigating.
If you're looking for a particular programme, BBC iPlayer now has a schedule to let you know what is coming up and what we are offering. Don't forget that it can take some time after broadcast before a programme becomes available and sport, films and overseas programmes may not be included.
If you want to report a technical fault, see this FAQ for further information.
- Subtitles – Temporarily unavailable on BBC iPlayer
- Latest programme issues
- Match of the Day – Will the edition broadcast on Sunday 19 May 2013 be available on BBC iPlayer?
- BBC iPlayer now available on Windows Phone 8
- Live TV & Radio Stream – No sound when streaming live programmes via iPlayer Desktop
- Firefox 19 & 20 - Why am I experiencing problems with BBC iPlayer Desktop when using Firefox 19 and 20?
- BBC iPlayer Desktop – Why have my downloaded programmes disappeared and why am I unable to download new programmes after updating Adobe Air?
- Full Screen problems using the Chrome browser
- Android – Why can’t I play any programme via the Chrome browser?
- iOS Downloads - Why have downloaded programmes disappeared from my iPhone/iPad?
- How do I install or uninstall BBC iPlayer Desktop on a Mac?
- Do I need a TV licence to watch programmes on BBC iPlayer?
- Frequent Questions about BBC iPlayer on Sky
- What is sideloading?
- How do I activate AirPlay on the BBC iPlayer iPad App?
- How do I uninstall BBC iPlayer Desktop for Windows?
- Why am I told I have 'insufficient bandwidth'?
- Is there a BBC iPlayer App that works outside the UK?
- Why won't my downloaded programmes play?
- How much will it cost to use BBC iPlayer on my mobile phone over 3G networks?
If you have any more questions about BBC iPlayer the menu categories to the left provide more information; otherwise try typing your question or related key words into the search box above.